Think of the word cholesterol (कोलेस्ट्रॉल in Hindi) and you can picture clogged arteries and heart attacks. But why does cholesterol have such a bad reputation? Also, are all dietary sources of cholesterol better avoided?
In this video, Ms Shweta Shah, a dietitian and nutritionist, answers the following questions in Hindi:
1. What are the functions of cholesterol in your body?
2. What are the types of cholesterol?
3. What are the side effects of medication taken to control cholesterol levels?
4. What are the dietary sources of healthy or unsaturated fats?
5. Which dietary sources contain unhealthy trans fats and saturated fats?
6. What are some ways to increase high-density lipoprotein (good cholesterol) levels in your body?
Disclaimer: The content (video/text) presented on this page should not be considered as a substitute for medical expertise. Please "DO NOT SELF-MEDICATE" and seek professional help regarding any health conditions or concerns. Practo will not be responsible for any act or omission arising from the interpretation of the content present on this page.