- Acne scar is complication of acne (pimple). It is common condition seen younger age people.
- It is frustrating disorder with social impact.
- The acne scars is in the form of raised and depressed.
- Depressed scar is divided into 3 types.
2. Ice pick
3. Box scar
The scar is treated with different modalities as follows:
1. Microdermabrasion: It is procedure which helps to mild to moderate type of scar. It also helps in exfoliating the skin reduce the black head and white head.
- It Stimulate the collagen production so help in reducing the fine wrinkles.
- The procedure require 25-30 minutes For procedure. mild to moderate acne scar minimum session required 6-7, minimum improvement 50-70 percentage.
2. Dermaroller: It is also called as microneedling. It helps in several type of depressed scar the session required 6-7 time interval between 2 session will be 4-6 week. It is very good modality to treat acne scar the improvement will be 70-80 percent.The combination of microneedling and PRP is very effective for acne scar.
3. Chemical peeling: Different type of chemical peel from super facial to medium depth peel helps to reduce acne scar improved the texture and colour tone.
- Eg. Glycolic peel, salicylic acid peel, yellow peel, TCA,Phenol peel, Lactic acid peel etc.
4. Laser: Eg. Q switch, ND YAG, KTP, co2, fractional co2, etc.
5. Surgical procedure: Scars revision, subcision fillers, etc.
a. Scar revision: It is mostly used for v shaped scar. V shaped scar used punch biopsy and sutured. the scar should be less than 2 to 4 millimeter. the result is good improvement will be 90%.
b. Subscion : It is a procedure used for u shaped scar. It is invasive procedure the complication will be bleeding and hematoma.
6. Fillers: It is used for tethered scar.
Topical treatment for acne scar as a home remedy.
2. Glycolic acid
3. Salicylic acid
4. Lactic acid