Chia seeds have gained attention as an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acid. They also are an excellent source of fibre, and also contains protein and including iron, calcium, magnesium, Vitamin C, etc. Chia seeds are also gluten free.
Chia seeds pack a lot of nutrition, but do keep portion size in mind. Moderation is the key, as eating too many may cause side effects like bloating, indigestion, etc.
8 Reasons Why You Should Be Eating Chia Seeds:
- Chia seeds are high in antioxidant. They slow down ageing signs, resulting in younger looking skin, healthier hair, and can even reduce the risk of cancer.
- Chia seed contains good amount of dietary fibre along with its carbohydrate and fat content, and lack of cholesterol, all combine to make Chia seeds a great food product that effectively reduces and controls weight.
- Chia seeds are high in quality protein. Protein is the most weight loss friendly macro nutrient and can drastically reduce appetite and cravings.
- Chia seeds can help you burn belly fat. It does so by reducing the visceral adipose tissue, a belly fat tissue that lowers the metabolism of the body.
- Chia seeds contains Omega-3 which is super important. They have a wide range of benefits, from fighting depression, to improving sleep, to reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Chia seeds may lower the rise in blood sugar after a high-carb meal, possibly benefiting people with type 2 diabetes.
- Chia seeds are high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and protein. All of these nutrients are essential for bone health.
- Chia seeds are great for your teeth because it is rich in calcium and other required nutrients.
Soaking them overnight makes it easier for the stomach to digest them.
You can sprinkle them on salads as seasonings and also can add them to fruit juices, smoothies, soups, yogurts, oatmeal, puddings to get more nutrients in your diet.