Here are plenty of benefits of having your teeth white as snow:
- it helps you to make a better first impression,
- makes you look younger and boosts your confidence.
Let me share with you some simple tips that will help you to make your teeth whiter and, therefore, your smile brighter
Avoid (or try to eat rarely) certain foods because they can change the colour of your teeth, such as: soy sauce, ketchup and almost all acidic foods and drinks (lemons, candies, sodas…) Instead, eat more nuts, whole grains, fruits and vegetables rich in fibre and, of course, our best friend is water.
- Many freshly squeezed citrus fruits, for example, contain concentrated fruit acids which can be harmful for your enamel, especially, if you have sensitive teeth. Try to brush your teeth or rinse your mouth directly after you had this kind of drink.
- Sugar is a favourite food of bacteria. As we all know, sweet soda drinks can contain extremely huge amounts of sugar which is not at all beneficial for your teeth.
- Candies and caramel sweets can also create an ideal condition for the growth of bacteria in the mouth. So, try to avoid these ingredients.
- Dark chocolate, on the contrary, is less dangerous for your teeth because it contains big amounts of cacao beans, which helps to fight bacteria. The higher is the concentration of cacao beans in the chocolate – the better it is for your teeth.
- Hard cheese is a very good “friend” of white teeth. It’s rich in calcium and is good not only for your teeth, but also for the whole body.
- The simple and interesting fact is that spicy foods can be great for your teeth, because spices encourage the production of saliva which helps to wash out food’s leftovers. Saliva also contains special substances that naturally fight bacteria in the mouth.
3. Brush your teeth regularly.
One of the main reasons of all teeth’ problems and stains is bacteria. In order to keep your mouth healthy and your teeth white – brush them regularly.
When I was a student, I had a girlfriend who had the most beautiful and white teeth in the world. I asked her: “What is the secret of your amazing looking white teeth?” She answered something like this: “It’s all simple, I brush my teeth after every meal (which means 4 times a day) using a gentle brush and natural toothpaste.” This is a great and simple way to keep our teeth white!
Only, keep in mind this: the enamel of your teeth softens by the acidic environment in your mouth after eating, this is why, it’s better to wait at least 30 minutes (after your meal) before brushing your teeth.
If you don’t have a possibility to brush your teeth after every meal or 3 times a day, which would be an ideal, try to do it at least twice a day.
Another easy tip to keep your teeth white is rinse your mouth thoroughly with water after each meal.
4. Brush your teeth the “right” way.
- Avoid brushing your teeth too hard, not to scrub off the enamel. It’s very important to brush your teeth the right way.
- Try to spend two minutes bushing your teeth. It doesn’t sound like a lot, but try it, put a timer and you will understand that this is longer that your usual brushing time.
- Brush your teeth softly, using short circular motions to protect your enamel, don’t forget to reach between your teeth and also brush your tongue for 30 seconds.
- Finish by rinsing with either water or your mouthwash. Floss your teeth at least once a day. Remember to smile!
5. Baking soda for white teeth.
Baking soda is a good DIY remedy for getting white teeth, but it’s not an everyday solution to brush your teeth with and it’s not even recommended if your teeth are sensitive.
How to use it?
- First, squeeze your usual toothpaste on the toothbrush, top it up with a small amount of braking soda and start brushing, as usual.
- You can also brush you teeth using only baking soda, but I find it more comfortable to mix it with the toothpaste.
- Baking soda treatment can be used once a week during one month, as a whitening treatment.
- With a frequent use, baking soda can damage your teeth, so be careful not to use it too often.
It’s easy, quick and simple. It takes only 3 easy steps to a beautiful smile:
- Reveal Your Whiter Smile.