Five senses that human body has, one of most important sensory organ is skin. If you protect your skin internally and externally, it enhances the look and gives confidence.
Here are 7 golden rules of skincare that you will swear by
- Hydration: Keeping the skin moist is the first among the golden rules. The skin is 64 percent water, so drinking plenty of water increases blood flow to the skin improving circulation making the skin look radiant. Knowing the type of your skin also helps to understand whether to hydrate it more than usual.
- Oily fish like salmon or tuna: If you want to look million bucks have oily fish like salmon or blue fin or yellow fin tuna. All protein and very less fat would lit up your skin like never before.
- Green Tea: Pollution, stress and smoke harms the skin to no bounds. Cleansing before sleeping, consuming a lot of antioxidants help keeping skin fresh and healthy. Consuming green tea is a secret behind that glowing skin.
- Chia Seeds: The latest craze about chia seeds is totally worth it. With chia seeds, you can get awesome skin. 1 teaspoon of chia seeds has 2 gm of protein. Protein helps skin’s rejuvenation.
- Sweet Potato: This is a holy grail of having good skin tone. Sweet potato has ample fibre keeping your bowel clean. It has vitamin C and folate which would help your skin get a dash of freshness. Forget about dosage of iron and potassium, sweet potato has it all. Giving you the best for your skin.
- Yogurt: A probiotic, yogurt helps prevent wrinkles. With all the probiotic bacteria help your gut function better hence keeping the skin shiny and clean.
- Chocolate: Chocolate is said to be having flavonoids which help protecting the skin from ultraviolet rays.Article written by #Dietician #Clinical #Nutritionist Geetanjali ahuja (Mengi) #Skincare