Many people think that starving themselves is the best way to melt away the flab. But starving for a longer time period can adversely affect your health. So, here is a list of 7 foods that not only provide energy but also help in melting way that stubborn flab.
1. Egg: Eggs are a rich source of protein which takes longer to get digested in your body, as a result eggs keeps you full for longer. This helps you in avoiding extra calories in your next meal. Also, many people often leave out the yolk because of high fat and cholesterol content. But the yolk is high in Vitamin B12 content that helps you lose weight apart from regulating your nervous and cardiovascular system. One egg has 75 calories, 7 grams of high-quality protein, 5 grams of fat, and 1.6 grams of saturated fat, along with iron, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids.
2. Peanut butter: Peanut butter is loaded with protein, vitamins, minerals and trace elements like zinc, magnesium, etc. Magnesium enhances cell metabolism that helps your body to burn energy more effectively. 1 tablespoon of peanut butter contains approximately 90 calories. Therefore, always keep a check on the amount you are consuming.
3. Cheese: Cheese is a rich source of conjugated linoleic acid which is a form of the omega-6 fatty acid - linoleic acid. It is found only in animal food as it develops during the metabolism of linoleic acid consumed by animals. It helps in decreasing body fat and increase lean muscle mass. But, choose low fat cheese to avoid extra calories.
4. Green tea: Green tea is a good source of antioxidants and beneficial Polyphenols, which provide anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic benefits. Unsweetened brewed green tea is a zero calorie beverage and contains much less caffeine as compared to milk tea/coffee. It is also known to have different health benefits which are helpful in avoiding stress, chronic fatigue, treating skin conditions and improving arthritis by reducing inflammation.
5. Yoghurt: Yoghurt is a fermented product made from milk. It is a good source of protein and good bacteria. Protein keeps you full for longer as it takes longer to digest and good bacteria helps in clearing the intestine and reducing the amount of fat absorbed by your body.
6. Quinoa: Quinoa is a type of grain which is high in protein content as compared to other grains. Your body has to do extra work in digesting it when consumed in form of whole grain. Also, it is good source of manganese, phosphorus, copper, magnesium, dietary fiber, folate, and zinc.
7. Almonds: Almonds are powerhouse of nutrition and provide a good variety of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients to the diet. Almonds are high in fiber and protein content. So, having a handful of almonds keeps you full for longer and provides satiety. This helps controlling binging.
Include these foods in your daily routine to melt away flab and get a fit and healthy body.