We unintentionally end up using expensive and dangerous body care products to do the beauty trick for us. But here’s a little inside information -- your humble coconut oil is a multi-tasker that can take care of almost anything.
- Look after those locks:Use coconut oil instead of serum to tame your hair, since the latter causes extensive hair fall. Warm a little oil in your hands and run your fingers through your hair. For deep conditioning minus those chemicals, leave the oil in your hair all day.
- Mascara massacre:You no longer have to worry about chemicals from artificial makeup removers getting into your eyes and damaging the delicate, thin skin around your eyes. Remove that stubborn eye makeup gently using small quantities of coconut oil using a cotton pad.
- Under those arms:Bid goodbye to underarm darkness caused by chemicals in your deodorant spray. Instead, use coconut oil as it contains lauric acid which kills odor-causing bacteria. Dab small quantities under your arms and stay fresh all day long.
- Raisin skin:Artificial anti-aging creams use a lot of chemicals that cause more damage than good. Coconut oil, on the other hand, has been praised for its natural anti-aging properties. It speeds up collagen production and makes your skin look supple and youthful. Apply it as an eye cream to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and to keep skin smooth.
- Chappy lips:When lip balms or gels are applied, there is a possibility of accidentally consuming it. The toxic chemicals from these products cause stomach aches and indigestion, among other side-effects. Coconut oil gives you an ideal alternative; even if consumed, it won’t harm your system. Now isn’t that a win-win situation!
- On the inside:Coconut oil contains saturated fats or medium chain fatty acids (triglycerides) which have strong disinfectant and anti-microbial properties. When consumed in your diet, it has the ability to boost your immunity and increase energy levels. No wonder Malayalis cook with this essential oil!