Well, that's not really possible. From the day we are born, we begin to grow old. From childhood to youth to middle age to old age is an inevitable journey you just cannot stop.
However, a massive industry has grown out of the 'stay young' syndrome that affects most of us. Cosmetics, medications, foods and surgeries are geared to prolong our youth or promise 'eternal' youth! Needless to say, most of these don't work, or have limited success at best.
But there's one way that really works. We'll tell you here what that is.
While you cannot stop the physical process of ageing, you can stay young in the mind. Here's how:
1. Interact with youth. Every generation may have certain fashions and tendencies that are unique but there are some things that remain - the verve, the nonchalance, the drive to enjoy, the energy to go beyond boundaries. Stay with young people. Some of the verve is bound to rub off.
2. Travel. Don't let inertia overtake you. Pack your bags and explore the world. Travel is a sure way to stay young.
3. Don't pontificate. You may be wiser. But don't give lectures to the young. Remember how it irritated you when elders gave unsolicited advise during your younger days? Keep your wisdom to yourself, unless asked for.
4. Break routine. As you get older, you are likely to fall into a comfortable routine. Not only of daily structure but also of the food you eat, the books you read, the clothes you wear. Get out of your comfort zone and try something new.
5. Keep the romance alive. Love and romance are the hallmarks of youth. Stay in love by looking for the attractive aspects of your spouse or partner. Plan romantic evenings with some wine and roses!
You can't stop ageing. But you can stay young!