Want to look great and live longer?? The secret is not a new miracle or any surgical treatment. It is not even a new exercise program..No the real secret can be found in the foods you eat. Here are five foods that will help in preventing the diseases and make you look and feel great.
- SOYBEAN: fantastic food for our health. It helps in lowering the cholesterol levels and it reduces the incidence of osteoporosis as well as breast cancer and heart diseases. Soy is not just tofu.. you can find it in soy nuts, which are a great snack food and good for sprinkling on a salad or soy burger.
- SALADS AND VEGGIES: Certain salad ingredients are going to do more for your body than others. For example, using green leafy vegetables such as spinach as your base rather than lettuce is going to increase your intake of folic acid. Folic acid is extremely important for pregnant women and women in childbearing years. If you include carrots in that salad you're getting a powerful anti-oxidant that reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer. Broccoli should also make an appearance as it is a great source of calcium and vitamin-C. A salad is not a salad without tomatoes so add tomatoes to your salad as they are full of anti-oxidants.
- FISH: Fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are extremely good for the body. They decrease the incidence of heart disease and breast cancer. When selecting a fresh piece of fish at the market look for a firm fillet. Fish is very easy to prepare. The best way to maintain omega-3 fatty acids is to poach the fish. Season it with little bit parsley and some freshly ground pepper.
- WHOLE GRAINS: Adding whole grain food to your meal will keep you full. One should include complex carbohydrates which will provide you with fiber and keep you full as it will slow down the digestion process which will keep you full.Aim for at least 30 g of fiber per day. For example, brown rice, oats, multigrain bread, multigrain flour, etc
- BERRIES: Berries are particularly a dessert item, so its fun to include them as a healthy part of your diet. cranberries are used to reduce the incidence of urinary tract infections. Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries are full of anti-oxidants which help in reducing the risk of many cancers as well as things like memory loss. They are considered to be memory boosting foods. They also help in weight loss.
Enjoy your journey to health.