With the falling temperatures, the skin undergoes a series of changes which are responsible for the overall appearance and texture becoming dry, rough, dark and itchy. To prevent such changes here a few tips that come to your rescue:
- Never use very hot water for bathing: preferably use lukewarm to cold water for showers as hot water can lead to further moisture loss from the skin aggravating the dryness.
- Use a mild oatmeal based cleanser to soothe any itchy irritated skin. Avoid strong soaps with very alkaline pH.
- Use coconut oil for massage before bathing as it acts as a natural skin conditioner.
- Apply liberal amounts of a ceramide-based moisturizer within 5 minutes of the shower.
- Wear covered protective clothing like socks and gloves after cream application for better absorption of moisturisers and longer lasting effects.
DONT HESITATE TO CONSULT YOUR DERMATOLOGIST IF THE DRYNESS OR THE ITCH PERSISTS.