What is a muffin top? The muffin top is that excessive fat around your abdominal area all the way round your body. You often spot women wearing especially tight jeans or bottoms with a muffin top. Like any problem, weight loss too, can be tackled with a combination of balanced diet and exercises.
Here are some easy exercises that will help melt your muffin top away –
Air Bike Crunches
This workout emphasizes on obliques - the muscles that run along sides of your core. This will work on your middle from all angles.
Lie flat on your back with hands behind and supporting your head.
Raise your legs, perpendicular to the floor.
Bring your leg closer to your chest, all the while trying to bring your opposite elbow to touch to your knee.
Repeat the same with opposite set of limbs.
- Tip: Make sure you focus on your form and breathing techniques. Also, it is not necessary to touch your elbows with knees as this might can cause strain on your neck.
You don’t require any equipment to do it.
- Lie flat on your back on the floor with the hands beside you.
- Raise your legs and bring your knee together towards the chest.
- Use your abs to slowly to curl the hips off the floor, now slowly come back to the starting position.
- Do 3-5 steps of 15-20 repetitions each.
Tip: Don’t swing your legs, focus on abs while doing this exercise. After all it's an ab exercise.
Here is a new challenge for you - Squats. This one is the most challenging and best workout for abs. So, what are you waiting for. Follow these steps to start up with this workout.
Stand with your feet and shoulder wide apart.
Bend back like sitting position.
Stop at bottom, when your thighs lightly come into contact with your calves.
Come back to the starting position.
Do 3-5 steps of 15-20 repetitions each.
This exercise works on your abdomen and core muscles. Follow the steps to know in detail.
Stand with your hands outstretched at a 90-degree angle to the ground.
Kick your feet up one at a time, attempting to hit your fingertips
Inhale while standing and exhale while raising your legs
Alternate the kick with each leg
Do 2 sets of 20 repetitions each side.