A healthy diet, as well as regular little exercise, is really underrated when it comes to taking care of skin and so is a good skin care regimen.
There are four Golden Rules for healthy skin care regimen. If you follow this regimen religiously and regularly, you would see a noticeable difference in your skin within a few months. There is, after all, no shortcut to getting beautiful skin. The four Golden Rules are as follows:
Your First Golden Rule for getting radiant skin is,
- Keeping your skin squeaky clean would ensure that there are no impurities that can cause skin problems like premature ageing, acne, blemishes as well as pimples.
- It is also important to use the right kind of products for cleansing your skin.
- Using soap with harsh alkalies would cause your skin to dry and aggravate the appearance of wrinkles.
- Use mild facial cleansers depending on your particular skin type and be very gentle while cleansing your face.
- Make sure you cleanse your skin at least once, at the day end and ideally twice a day.
The Second Golden Rule, after cleansing is,
- Cleansing your skin opens the pores on your face which are then closed with the help of toning. Toning also helps in the cleansing of leftover dirt, if any.
- Toning regularly with the right kind of product would minimize open pores and would also greatly reduce the appearance of acne and pimples.
The Third Golden Rule and possibly the most Vital Rule for getting healthy skin is,
Regardless of the type of skin, you have, providing moisture to your skin is like feeding it. It is a mistake if you think that oily skin does not need moisture.
Oil and moisture are different and there are non-greasy moisturizers that are ideal for oily skin types. Moisturizing dry skin is even more necessary if you want to delay the appearance of wrinkles.
The Fourth Golden Rule is,
- It is not a regular skin care routine but nevertheless equally important.
- You should scrub your face at least twice a week to get rid of the dead cells.
- Scrubbing is also essential for getting rid of the ugly blackheads and the whiteheads.
- Just make sure you are gentle while scrubbing to avoid making your skin raw