3 Simple ways to protect your children from tooth decay:
- Proper oral hygiene
- Pit and Fissure sealants
1. PROPER ORAL HYGIENE:
To help your children protect their teeth and gums teach them to follow these simple steps:
- Brush twice a day with a pea-size dab of fluoride toothpaste and soft bristled tooth brush.
- Eat a well balanced diet with less of sugar content and more of vitamins and minerals.
- Avoid frequent snacking between meals.
- Flossing can be done for your children from 5 years of age.It removes the food particles between the teeth.
- Regular dental visit 6 months once.
2. PIT AND FISSURE SEALANTS:
- Dental sealants are a type of special plastic coating that acts as a barrier protecting cavity prone areas.
- They are applied to the chewing surfaces of back teeth to cover deep pits and grooves.
- Sealing a tooth is PAINLESS,FAST AND EASY procedure.
- Sealants are added protection against tooth decay.
- Fluoride is a mineral that occurs naturally in all water sources.
- Fluoride is effective in preventing and reversing early signs of dental caries.
- Acid is formed when bacteria in plaque breakdown sugar and carbohydrates from diet. Repeated acid attack breakdown the tooth and causes cavities.
- Fluoride acts to repair and remineralize areas in which acid attack already begun and makes the teeth resistant to decay.
- Topical fluorides are professionally applied by dentist are more concentrated and available in the form of gel,foam and rinse.
- These topical fluorides acts effectively on the teeth and prevents them from decay.
These are few simple steps which ensures cavity free teeth for your kids.