If you think starving yourself for reducing weight is the only way to shed those extra pounds than you are completely wrong. Here we have put together a list of foods that will help you lose weight fast. The best thing about these foods is that not only do they promote weight loss but they also provide adequate nutrition to the body to help you stay healthy. So forget crash diets or starving yourself, eat these fun food options for better health and weight loss.
1. Eggs Egg is one of riches source of protein in diet but people often leave out the yolk because of its high cholesterol content. The yolk of the egg contains the good cholesterol that helps fight the bad cholesterol.As eggs is the sound source of protein so it offers satiety and fullness for long, reducing the chance that you will reach to unhealthy foods between the meals and prevent extra fat storage in body. Eggs are healthy, easily available and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
2. Almonds Almonds are powerhouse of nutrition and provide a good variety of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients to the diet.. Almonds are good for weight loss as they are low in calories and contain healthy amount of fiber, which will satisfy your hunger, so you feel full for longer and will not binge on unhealthy snacking.
3. Dark ChocolateDark chocolate with high cocoa content is rich in antioxidants, flavonoids and minerals like copper and potassium. However, 1 bar of 162 gram contains 51 gram of total fat. So, to get the maximum benefit of weight management gets a bar of chocolate and split it with your friends. A couple of pieces will benefit you, but a whole bar will pack on the pounds!
4. Yogurt The calcium in yoghurt not only helps to make your bone stronger but also help you in avoiding weight gain.. The mineral appears to help curb production of the stress hormone cortisol, which has been linked to the accumulation of abdominal fat.
5. Green teaGreen tea is a good source of antioxidants and beneficial Polyphenols, which provide anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic benefits. Unsweetened brewed green tea is a zero calorie beverage and contains much less caffeine as compared to milk tea/coffee. It is also known to have different health benefits which are helpful in avoiding stress, chronic fatigue, treating skin conditions and improving arthritis by reducing inflammation.
6. OatmealOatmeal is a rich source of complex carbohydrates and fiber. These types of carbohydrates slowly release energy in your body and fiber keeps you full for longer. Fiber does not get absorbed in human body but it adds bulk to your meal and you don’t feel hungry soon. So, oatmeal is a very good option if you are looking to shed some unwanted fat from your body.
7. Lentils Lentils are good source of protein, fiber, iron, folic acid, and magnesium in your diet. It keeps you full for longer and helps you in avoiding overeating in your meal. It also helps you in losing weight as you will not feel hungry soon. Also, they are rich in soluble fiber that are thought to lowers blood cholesterol and keeps your bloodstream healthy.
8. SalmonSalmon is one of the best as well as lean sources of protein .It helps you feel full for longer hours without adding fat .It is a healthier choice than meat and it is packed up with good fat i.e. MUFA’S. So, replace fatty and junk foods with salmon to reduce overall calorie intake, which will eventually help to lose weight.
9. Brown Rice Brown rice is a fiber packed alternative less than white rice. It is a low energy density food, meaning it’s heavy and filling but low in calories. It is also helps in balancing blood sugar levels. With all the positive points, you still have to watch portions while consuming this food group because it is not a low calorie food.
10. Pomegranates Being in a list of healthy fruit, pomegranates are also loaded with folate and disease fighting antioxidant. They are also low in calories and high in fiber. It also curbs down sweet cravings and will not let you to catch hold of unhealthy stuff, which might lead you to gain weight. You can pop the seeds of pomegranate in salads, curd and while preparing fruit chaat.
11. OrangesEating oranges not only help you to provide vitamins i.e vitamin C and folate . They are also a good choice if you are looking for weight loss as they are fat free, low in calories and energy density as well as high in fiber. According to a study published in “The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition” in May 2009, as people who ate more of these foods were more likely to lose weight than those who ate less.
12. ApplesApples are one of the fruits that is high in pectin, which is a soluble fiber that helps you to feel full and satisfied. Include apple as snack and you may just feel like eating little less when it comes to eat your meal.1 apple contains 2.4 g of dietary fiber.
13. PearJust like apples, pear are also rich in pectin fibre, which has also shown to suppress appetite as well as curb down the sweet tooth craving that occurs between the meals.1 pear contains 3.1 g of dietary fiber.
14. PeppersCapsaicin, this compound is present in peppers that gives them their spice. This property of bell peppers helps to boost metabolism, and ultimately helps to lose weight.
15. Red beansBeans are good source of protein which give feeling of fullness and help you not to binge on unhealthy fat. You can include beans in the form of salad.Include these foods in your daily diet to lose your weight. You can also speed up your weight loss by adding any physical activity in your routine. Doing workout minimum 30 minutes for 5 days in a week will not only keep you active but also help you in burning calories. A proper balance in your diet and workout will definitely lead you to success in your weight loss.