The fast-paced life and the lifestyle choices often lead to a person getting sick very often. Maintaining a healthy balance in life is very crucial to build the immunity system and make the body fit to fight any disease. A healthy balance not only means physical fitness but also mental health. People often want to make healthy choices but fail to do so. But guess what, it is not that difficult after all.
Here are a few tips to keep your body and mind fit:
1) While this may be the most difficult decision that a person would have to make but avoiding junk food is very necessary for the body to feel fit. Go for fresh fruits, vegetable, grains instead of processed food.
2) This goes without saying that exercise plays a very important role to keep the body fit. Even simple exercises like running, jogging or even swimming can lead to a healthy life. Indulge in yoga and meditation to keep the stress away.
3) It cannot be stress more that one’s sleep cycle has to be well maintained as well. The body needs to relax and the best way to do it is by sleeping. 7 to 8 hours of sleep in a day is optimum for a healthy feeling body. Lack of sleep makes a person irritated, harms the insulin resistance, reduces physical and mental performances and disturbs the hormonal level in the body.
4) Don’t fear coffee as its high antioxidant properties keeps you away from many diseases. Symptoms of Type 2 diabetes, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer can be barred with caffeine-rich coffee. Liquids, in general, should be a part of your diet as one needs to keep the body hydrated.
5) Avoid smoking and excessive consumption of alcohol. This leads to liver damage and changes of cancer in lungs, mouth becomes more prominent when you are smoking too many cigarettes.
6) Say goodbye to refined carbohydrates and make you diet fibre, protein, vitamin-rich. Have fish, eggs vegetables like avocado, carrots, spinach; fruits like berries, oranges, pomegranates to maintain a healthy balance in life.
7) Make use of Indian spices as they have anti-inflammatory and antioxidants effects that help fight germs.Spices and herbs like turmeric, ginger, garlic have various health benefits.
8) Regulate your meal timings. One must start a day with heavy breakfast followed by five other meals including a light lunch and a lighter dinner. Don’t forget to have a glass of water after and before every meal.
9) Keep food items like nuts, dry fruits near you and hog n them whenever you feel hungry between the main meals.
10) Load up good fats and avoid Trans fats and refined sugar in for food. This helps in balancing the hormones,keeps the skin and hair healthy and maintains healthy digestive processes.
11) Finding a work-life balance is very key. A person put all his focus on work and forgets to take care of their body. One must learn how to strike a balance between the two. Don’t forget to have a little fun.
12) Fresh air and some time off the phone screen and laptops is very necessary. Do not forget to take a stroll outside the home once in a while and refresh the mind.