Chamomile is an extraordinary herb that is well known for soothing nerves and promoting better sleep. Aside from this, it has many health benefits too. It is a natural remedy to treat a number of conditions such as an upset stomach<skin aggravation or mouth ulcer.
1. TO TREAT CUTS AND WOUNDS
- Chamomile tea has long been used to treat and soothe cuts and wounds. Infact Roman, Greeks, Egyptians used to speed up the healing process.
- Chamomile works especially well for burns, wounds because it is anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial and anti-oxidising effects.
2. TO KEEP DIABETES UNDER CONTROL
Chamomile helps lowers blood sugar levels and can help prevent complications that arise due to high blood sugar such as blindness, kidney diseases, nerve and circulatory damage.
3. IT SOOTHES A COLD
Chamomile tea has been found to soothe a cold and protect against bacterial related illness and infections. In fact, growing number of studies suggest that chamomile tea contains compounds that may help fight infections that occur due to colds.
4. CALMS MUSCLE SPASMS
- A study conducted in England found that drinking chamomile tea raises the level of glycine in urine.Glycine is a compound that calms a muscle spasm.
- Researchers proved that chamomile tea is an effective home remedy for menstrual cramps.
5. SOOTHES A STOMACH
Chamomile can help to soothe and relax the intestinal muscles and lining, it can help poor digestion and is an excellent remedy for those who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome.
6. PROMOTE BETTER SLEEP
Chamomile has the ability to soothe the nervous system and help people sleep.
7. ALLEVIATES A TENSION HEADACHE
Chamomile is a wonderful cure for migraines and tension headaches.
8. REDUCE DARK CIRCLES
Chamomile tea has been found to help relieve eye fatigue and dark circles.
9. TREAT ALLERGIES AND RASHES
Chamomile is an excellent remedy for treating rashes and other skin allergies.
10. ENRICH HAIR COLOUR AND RADIANCE
Chamomile tea may also be used regularly to lighten your hair over a period of time. You can use it as a final hair rinse to add a golden sheen to brown hair and it helps to brighten the hair.