However, many of us end up spending lot of money on these drinks when we have a simple and cheap ingredient in every kitchen that offers a plethora of health benefits. These humble lemons when squeezed give out juice that can be added to water with a dash of salt or sugar to give instant hydration and energy.
Nimboo pani is one of the oldest drinks, which traces its roots right up to Ayurveda. Indian culture also speaks volumes of the benefits of this old, yet beneficial, nimboo pani . Many of us are unaware of the goodness that is packed in these small lemons. Here are a few reasons why to dump packaged drinks and opt for healthier nimboo pani.
- After a tiring and stressful day, one glass of fresh lemon juice can revitalise and replenish your body with the required salts and water.
- It stimulates and encourages the body to flush out or throw out toxins and impurities from the body. Thus, it helps to reduce the chances of urinary tract infections.
- Lemons are packed with vitamin C, which are not only good for our immune system but also stimulate our body to defend against various viral and bacterial infections.
- A glass of cool lemon water can prevent a heat stroke by bringing down the body temperature and preventing dehydration.
- Lemons are rich in potassium, keep blood pressure in the normal range and keep a tab on the rising cholesterol.
- With an increasing temperature, our skin too tends to get affected;however, nimboo pani is excellent for our skin and helps to keep acne and wrinkles at bay.
- It is natural with no added preservatives or carbonated water so it is naturally good for health.
- It also aids in digestion and keeps our gut healthy. It reduces symptoms like nausea, vomiting and belching. Moreover, it is good for liver by helping its normal functioning.
- It aids in losing the weight. Evidently, lemons are full of fibre and pectin that reduce hunger pangs and helps you shed those extra kilos.
- Since it is loaded with vitamin C, it also helps in reducing stress and anxiety and keeps you calm throughout the day.
Thus, with so many benefits all squeezed in one lemon, there is nothing better than drinking 2 glasses of nimboo paani a day.