Daily walking is the best exercise for health. It is a great exercise and it keeps the body away from diseases. As simple and easy may it seem but do you know why and how walking keeps you healthy?
Continue to read this article to know more.
10 Benefits of daily walking
- Walking every day for one hour can help you lose around five to seven kilograms of excess weight. Walking keeps away obesity, high blood pressure, and heart diseases.
- Daily walking decreases the estrogen hormone in women which can decrease the risk of breast cancer after menopause.
- Daily walking maintains the serotonin level which keeps stress and high blood pressure in check. It also decreases the cholesterol by increasing” High-density Lipoprotein”.
- Scientific studies have shown that walking increases the T-cells which slow down the AIDS virus.
- Walking induces increased blood flow and flexibility in the muscles.
- Walking refreshes the mind and body. It increases the body’s defense to fight against the diseases. It increases the secretions of the adrenal gland which relieves the stress.
- Walking induces the movement and friction of joints which forms new joint lubricants and hence restricts joint lock. Walking slows down the degeneration of the bones and fights from Osteoporosis.
- Waking induces the heavy breathing which fills the lungs with oxygen and increases the lung capacity, so it is a good exercise for the lungs.
- Heart patients are advised not to walk straight after the meal because the blood flows towards the digestive system to digest the food. Walking straight after having a meal can stress out the heart.
- You should dress accordingly to the walking. Shoes, clothing, proper walking technique and posture are very important. Always carry a water bottle so that you do not get dehydrated.
A few medical terms used in this article, you should know about:
Osteoporosis: A disease in which the bones get too porous and weak.
Menopause: Is the time when the menstrual cycle stops permanently in women.