WisdomTeethandBraces

I want to know if my wisdom teeth can be extracted without damaging my teeth nerves and when is best time to get braces
views-icons 71 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (5) on WisdomTeethandBraces

Dr. Neha Sharma Gurgaon | Dental Surgeon
Hello. . Looking at the x ray, your wisdom teeth are close to the nerve. But these x rays give us a two dimensional view of the teeth and the bone. To see the relation of the teeth to the nerve, a cone beam CT scan ( CBCT) is ideal. It will help the surgeon to plan the extractions and preserve the nerve. The extraction of these teeth will be done by an Oral Surgeon. Don't worry, these kind of cases are very common and can be efficiently managed. Take care.
Dr. Prashanth .V Chennai | Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon
Hi , while extracting wisdom tooth nerve damage can be prevented by using proper measures . And u can go for braces as pet ur conveince
Usually after eruption of all the permanent teeth , any time you van have braces Every tooth is supplied with nerve, no its not possible to extract nerve without affecting these nerve because there are present inside the tooth and their removal are also necessary But position of wisdom teeth is variable some time its present near the mandibular nerve or the nerve which supply to all the other tooth and jaw bone We have to protect this nerve at any cost or you will lost the sensation in whole jaw of one side Yes its possible to protect these nerves (we have to) But we have to see the position of teeth In a x-ray
Dr. Pranay Bangalore | Dentist
Hello good evening both your wisdom teeth are pretty close to the nerve canal while doing the extraction if we see a risk of nerve getting damaged we might leave a part of your roots let's say around 3-4 mm and everything is safe then. After extraction since you have two of them you will have to delay your braces placement as per your comfort level.
Dr. Hiren Patel Bangalore | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
Yes, it can be extracted without any damage to nerves...visit to an oral surgeon for extraction. . And after 15 days of tooth removal, you can go for braces also...