Wisdom tooth pain

Hello Dear doctors my uncle just consulted the nearby really good dentist of our area, he did root canal of uncle and placed crown somewhat 5 years ago and its working very well, near by wisdom tooth he also did feeling at the same time, now my uncle have severe pain in that wisdom tooth, doctor did xray and suggested of extraction as he said tooth condition is not that well to do a root canal, and he also send me the xray, I found he always give perfect suggestion to his patients, just wanted a second opinion if wisdom tooth can be saved or not in this case, please guide, thanks

Doctor Answers (7) on Wisdom tooth pain

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
According to the X-ray, it is definitely possible to save this tooth by root canal treatment...... the only hindrance in this can be insufficient mouth opening because the accessibility of instrumentation is very limited in the third molar region, which makes the procedure difficult and lengthy, if not impossible...... if the opposing wisdom tooth of the upper jaw is healthy, an attempt can be made to save this tooth so that the function of chewing is restored to the best possible level..... otherwise extraction of the third molar does not cause significant damage to the aesthetics or functional components of the dentition..... Regards.....
It can be saved but only if there is enough mouth opening to do the treatment and opposite wisdom tooth is present or not. if it is not then u can go for extn
From the xray it seems that the tooth can be saved.  Only difficulty will be if at all the mouth opening is less than it might be a bit strenuous to your uncle as well as the doctor.  nevertheless it can be saved if he is too keen on saving. 
Pl convey to your dentist that you are keen on saving the tooth & he shall do the needful.
Dr. Manish Keshri Hazaribag | Dental Surgeon
YES , the tooth can be saved with the root canal provided that mouth opening is enough to perform the procedure.
Yes by seeing your x ray this tooth can be saved by root canal treatment.but lot depends on clinical condition of tooth and approach to third molar region.so take a second opinion and consult a dentist .
Dr. Ankit Jain Delhi | Dentist
Dear Practo User,
By looking at this X-RAY, I think this tooth can be saved with root canal treatment. RCT of wisdom tooth is difficult but not impossible. Try to consult an endodontist(RCT specialist).
Regards
Dr Ankit Jain
Arham Dental Care, Delhi
Yes,third molar was carious and caries was already reached to the pulp. Tooth can be saved or not that we can suggest after clinical examination as well as x ray. According to x ray, we can saved the tooth although chances of successful  of rct in third molar not high as complex root anatomy. If we can get proper environment in oral cavity , we can save it.