Want to sleep less!
I am a student appearing for 12 and I get sleep for 9 hours. I want to reduce it to 5-6 hours. Can you tell me some tips to stay awake in the night? Coffee doesn't help me! I can't stay awake till late night and can't wake up in early morning also! Please tell me want to eat or do to stay awake! Please!

Dr. Swapan Banerjee (PhD)
Dietitian/Nutritionist 22 yrs exp Kolkata

Thanks for your query. Sleeping average 7 hours all needed. But in your case it should be less to get more time. 1)Managing sleep more less some how psychological matter that can be influenced & controlled by your own will as well as determination. While I was studying board exams or higher studies I did not v tea or coffee habits still I " thought I ll be lagged behind than other friends as there was a huse competition among same classmates" so always remember that u v to score remarkable marks & show all heroic. 2)Further u can be little move ment base within your house campus one feeling drowsiness during studies. 4)You can cut onion for few pieces & keep open near to your sitting place or your room that gives you clear tears & then eyes freshness u ll feel.5)  u can also take good quality tea like Darjeeling, Assam,etc & take Little more raw quantity than normal volume of tsf.U may feel bitterness a bit but may be strong tea. Excess use may side effect S like dirhora etc.6) Use Mobile or high sound alarm in morning./ early morning as its recommend ed that early morning rise .so v 11pm to 4 pm sleep & may take rest in afternoon for half n hr getting fresh energy. 7) Same way use excess water to pressure of urinate .Most ly u can manage by your will power & keen desire to be good boy.Thanks. Happy Exams.