Vitamin D deficiency

Diagnosed with vitaminD deficiency and high triglycerides. Egg yolk is rich in vitaminD but does it increase the risk of worsening the lipid profile further? Please suggest diet I can have to get vitamin d,b12 while maintaining regular lipids.

Doctor Answers (1) on Vitamin D deficiency

Ms. Sadia Sana Hyderabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Here I have a simple remedy for you take early morning sunshine. This works best for competing vitamin D. Milk is also rich in vitamin D but again if it's skim or low fat, you will not be having enough vitamin D through it. As vitamin D is fat soluble component, it will be present in fat containing foods. So the other and best option is sunshine, but make sure its early morning sunshine as in later or noon time will cause skin burns, and rashes. For B12 you need to have good amount of cereals and pulses in your diet. I can help you to achieve exactly your health target. For that I need to have conversation with you. Why don't you take an appointment? As your body requirements and conditions differ very much. So, your assessment has to be done.