Swelling in cheek.

Few months back I was undergoing a root canal treatment. But due to some difficulties, the operation was left in the middle when tooth was left open. After few days the tooth cracked and it got fractured, so it's swollen. Any solution to get rid of the swollen part in mouth. Previous dr. Suggested clavam 625, combiflam and Ornof oz. And if pain was severe then Tramadol.

Doctor Answers (11) on Swelling in cheek.

Dr. Puja Bansal Pune | Dentist
hello, visit the dentist and get an x-ray of the tooth. as a home remedy, do salt water rinses. it will take care of the swelling.
Dear Sir, If your tooth is still cracked or fractured, you need to undergo tooth removal under antibiotic cover and the tooth has to be removed only after the swelling is completely gone.
Consult the dentist to prescribe a correct antibiotic to reduce swelling. At present I am not suggesting you any medicines, as I haven't evaluated your oral health personally
Avoid eating from the swollen side.
The medication that you are taking will take care of your symptoms like pain and swelling for a while but once you will discontinue the medicine the symptoms will resurface. The ideal treatment plan will be the extraction of the concerned tooth followed by restoration like bridge or implant.
Complete your antibiotic course and visit a dental surgeon for extraction of fractured tooth.
Follow the post extraction precautions properly for uneventful healing of extraction site.
With the symptoms you are presenting, it's best the tooth is extracted once you complete the antibiotics course. Once the source of infection is gone the swelling will reduce automatically.
Always ask for an Endodontist for your Root canal treatment as most of them complete the treatment in a single sitting, thereby reducing the chances of discontinuing the treatment in between.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
We definitely do not advised delaying the root canal treatment for a long time because of this reason only..... the fracture of the tooth can make it non-restorable, if it reaches the root level...... you need to visit a dentist for a proper clinical examination and an x-ray so that the current condition of the tooth can be evaluated, whether it is amenable for restorative treatment or needs extraction.....
You have been advised antibiotics and pain Killers which can only subside the symptoms for a brief duration but cannot cure this problem.....
Regards.....
Hello, As a Root canal specialist I suggest you visit a good Endodontist and get the present tooth condition evaluated.If the tooth can be salvaged go ahead and get the treatment completed,if otherwise get it extracted and then replaced. Regards Dr Suman Makam
first you have to consult a dentist then only treatment can be started. many a times patient visit a dentist and no matter what the doctor says they leave the treatment incomplete as soon as pain disappears. you need to value a complete treatment procedure as advised by doctor. consult a dentist as soon as possible tosee if the tooth can be saved or not.
Hi I feel the core problem is your teeth . Probably you should get it extracted and do the course of medicine again . Regards
1.Never miss a dental appointment. Your health must be a priority.
2. Take those antibiotics and pain killer now and visit a dentist
fix an appointment with a dentist
avoid hot or warm food. keep cold pack on the swollen side
Dr. Sahil Gagnani Ahmedabad | Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon
This issue needs to be addressed urgently.The swelling might increase and create more problems due to infection. Kindly seek a doctor or get an opg xray done. I can guide you better then. The tooth needs to be addressed by removal or further treatment.
Go to an oral surgeon.
do not delay.
Medication alone is not the answer. We need to analyze the extent of the fracture & see if it can be saved with a post core procedure or not. Depending on what needs to be done, we need to prescribe medication as required. Good luck