I've been unable to sleep during night for an extremely longer period now. Even if I'm dead tired, I can't manage to get a nice sleep. This is affecting me mentally & taking a toll on my health as well. My whole routine has been messed up. I can't afford to go on like this.
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
Sound sleep at night is more important for healthy physical and mental health. I can understand the pressure you are going through. One good thing is that you have found out your problem and seeking help. Following tips might be helpful to you.
1. Avoid taking non veg foods at nights
2. Increase the intake of water
3. Go for walks in the evening or morning whichever suits you.
4. Follow any kind of relaxation technique (so much available in the internet)
5. Learn yoga and meditation
Following one or more will help you.
Any further assistance needed please feel free to contact me.
Learn yoga and meditation
Following the tips above will help you to some extent. If further help needed you can come to Chennai for a weekend session with me. wishes.
Hello.. well first thing what I would like to suggest you is to take a break from your work so that you can totally rest...you can plan a vacation or a go to a place where you just eat and sleep.. that will help you...if symptoms doesn't subside..please meet a psychiatrist for it. Try not to think about problems or issues too much..thank you
Sorry to hear about your trouble. A lot of time it does happen that people who have long standing illnesses like allergies and are taking regular medicines, tend to develop insomnia. There are a few queries that I have regarding your condition:
1. Do you smoke or take alcohol or have tried sleeping pills?
2. What is more affected- falling asleep, maintaining sleep or waking up before intended time?
3. Do you also feel sad or low, feel a lack of energy, have lost interest in activities you enjoyed earlier, feel a lack of self confidence?
4. Do you snore when asleep, or move legs in bed, or talk or grind teeth while sleeping?
5. Do you feel sleepy during the day?
After all these aspects of your sleep are assessed, will a psychiatrist be able to help you the best. You may or may not need medicines, but there are behavioral changes like sleep hygiene that will definitely help you.
Pls feel free to contact me for a private consultation.
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Googling your symptons online?
The internet is not a doctor and neither are you. Chat with a real doctor about your health.