Suffering from Insomnia
Doctor Answers (4) on Suffering from Insomnia
Sound sleep at night is more important for healthy physical and mental health. I can understand the pressure you are going through. One good thing is that you have found out your problem and seeking help. Following tips might be helpful to you.
1. Avoid taking non veg foods at nights
2. Increase the intake of water
3. Go for walks in the evening or morning whichever suits you.
4. Follow any kind of relaxation technique (so much available in the internet)
5. Learn yoga and meditation
Following one or more will help you.
Any further assistance needed please feel free to contact me.
Sorry to hear about your trouble. A lot of time it does happen that people who have long standing illnesses like allergies and are taking regular medicines, tend to develop insomnia. There are a few queries that I have regarding your condition:
1. Do you smoke or take alcohol or have tried sleeping pills?
2. What is more affected- falling asleep, maintaining sleep or waking up before intended time?
3. Do you also feel sad or low, feel a lack of energy, have lost interest in activities you enjoyed earlier, feel a lack of self confidence?
4. Do you snore when asleep, or move legs in bed, or talk or grind teeth while sleeping?
5. Do you feel sleepy during the day?
After all these aspects of your sleep are assessed, will a psychiatrist be able to help you the best. You may or may not need medicines, but there are behavioral changes like sleep hygiene that will definitely help you.
Pls feel free to contact me for a private consultation.