Substitute of roti

I need to know the substitute of roti as I heard it's high in calories & carbs. but we indians don't feel satisfied without having 2-4 rotis. how should we stop this habit. is bread a good substitute? my concern is to loose weight.

Doctor Answers (1) on Substitute of roti

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
If your concern is to reduce weight I suggest you to do daily morning brisk walking and meditation, cycling in oudoor for 30-40 mins in early morning is very useful. Consume fresh sprouts and egg white as it contains proteins, your diet should consist of fresh green leafy vegetables rich in fibre atleast 30-40% of what you eat, eating fresh fruits is good and better option than taking it in a juice form. Take plenty of fluids. If you want to cutdown carbs from roti taking oats is a good alternate option, avoid oily foods, junk foods. Consume only home cooked meal, which helps you to track and control what you have consumed.