Social anxiety, depressio

I have social anxiety, awkwardness and depression. Going to crowded places is a big challenge. I cannot go out of my home. I have very less friends. Also have poor academics. I have been failing all along my life. I don't know how to come out of this. I have absolutely zero confidence.

Doctor Answers (3) on Social anxiety, depressio

Dr. Sonia Malhotra Pune | Psychiatrist
Dear sir, Please realise that you are suffering from a common problem which does have a fantastic solution too. You have symptoms of depression and anxiety disorders in a combination of one facilitating the other. The best thing for you to do would be to meet a psychiatrist and get yourself assessed thoroughly. Once that is done, your treatment can be elaborately planned and carried out for best results. TREATMENT IS POSSIBLE.
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
You are already successful by writing in this forum.
You have gained a great confidence to appeal here.
May be due to some childhood pattern you could have developed those behaviours.  Don't worry.  Do consult a professional in your city and learn to come out of this issue at the earliest. You might wonder about yourself  later.
Dr. Lakshmi Prasad Ravipati Vijayawada | Addiction Psychiatrist
It is very disabling to have social anxiety which leads to poor performance socially and professionally, many people are not aware that it is a treatable problem, there is effective treatment for this problem . Great u have identified your problem it is time to step out and seek help.
consult a psychiatrist in your town