Sleep paralysis
This has been happening over a year now.at times when i try waking up,i am unable to do so like not move not wake and its really terrifying.i also feel like there is someone in the room and i see that person too but everything apears like a blur.i try to fight it off and wake up but cant.then i just lie quietly and after some minutes i wake up..last time it happened i was wrestling someone just so that i could wake..but when i ask my husband if i was moving around he says no..i am really terrified by these happenings..is there a cure for this? I get really scared to sleep as well thinking what if i dont ever wake up?

Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

I think you need to meet a Psychologist immediately and share your situations and experiences with them to help to you understand and resolve it at the earliest.
Dr. Udayan Bhaumik
Psychiatrist 2 yrs exp Mangalore

It is likely to be hypnic attacks..consult a psychiatrist at the earliest

Hello there..... Exercise and stay active. Activity helps promote a good night's sleep... Avoid or limit caffeine and alcohol and don't use nicotine. All of these can make it harder to sleep. Avoid caffeine after lunchtime. Avoiding alcohol can help prevent restless sleep and frequent awakenings...... Stick to a sleep schedule. Keep your bedtime and wake time consistent from day to day, including on weekends.....