Rice information
I want to bulk up and want to build lean muscles without much fat. Which is better brown rice or white rice for carbs intake ???

Ms. Bipasha Das
Dietitian/Nutritionist 9 yrs exp Delhi

Hi Brown rice is better since its vitamin n mineral n also high fiber content. You can add good proteins like soyamilk, sattu, Chana flour, cheese, sprouts for gaining muscles, if you are non vegetarian then you can have eggs and fish n lean meat.
Dr. Dt. Archna Gupta
Dietitian/Nutritionist 15 yrs exp Ghaziabad

Brown rice is better than other rice as contains more minerals and vitamins. Beside this to add lean muscle add more complete proteins like soyabean, pulses,milk and its products. If non vegetarian take edds,white chicken. Fish and all seasonal fruits and vegetables with low fat  foods.

Hi.... I would suggest brown rice.... Only calories won’t add to your body weight ,include the right amount of proteins to your diet. Remember, if you want to put on weight and look fit, you need to build muscles not flab. Eat - Eggs, lean meat, fish, pulses, sprouts, and dairy products that rich sources of proteins. Fish such as tuna and mackerel are rich in oil and are one of the best ways to increase weight......