Rct through the cap
I had rct in front tooth through cap. Is this safe option. Because i feel pain when my toung touches it. Pain is not continuous. Rct is done fine. Still there is some irritation. Should I go for re rct and re capping. I am attaching my opg. Left letral it is.

Dr. Harish B Nagesh
Orthodontist 17 yrs exp Bangalore

Rct is done well.wait for some more time.time is the healer
Dr. Rujit Desai
Dentist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Is the cap firm in sitting ? Drilling through cap may sometime cause cap to open at margins in microns and may interfere in occlusion which may result in tenderness But seek endodontist opinion regarding root canal. If root canal is fine and after 7 days problem continues Seek the focus to errors related to old crown. Opg is not ideal to assess front teeth You require iopa (small xray)
Dr. Sanket Sheth
Endodontist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Seek an endodontists opinion.. they specialize in doing root canal treatment
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

OPG is not very clear but the root canal treatment seems ok from the given picture..... if you have persistent discomfort in the tooth, please consult your dentist for a proper examination to narrow down upon the exact cause of your discomfort..... the right treatment can be advised thereafter.... Regards....
Dr. Dragpal Singh Rajput
Dentist 8 yrs exp Pune

Hi ofcourse the root canal treatment and capping is the best option but your opg is not seeing the end of the tooth there might be some remain infection so it will be better go for cross dental X-ray from any experience dentist and there after dentist make solution fir your problem
Dr. Deepika Vadhar
Dentist 21 yrs exp Mumbai

RCT through the cap is a safe option.  that's not a problem & looking at your xray also doesn't seem too problematic.  when was it done? if in the last few days then I suggest wait for a week it will settle on its own.  don't worry.  if the pain is unbearable then pl take a mild pain killer. if it doesn't settle even after that then pl visit your dentist get an intra oral xray taken.  I am sure your dentist will be able to help you out.
Dr. Babita Sangwan
Dental Surgeon 14 yrs exp Gurgaon

Rct through cap is a completely safe option.Slight Pain could be due to pressure from the lower tooth or just the healing phase. But suggest you to get an IOPA X ray done to get the clearer picture as the pain  and irritation could be also due to the filling beyond the root tip . Kindly visit your dentist and do as advised.
Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 22 yrs exp Davanagere

Hello, Mam,Being a root canal specialist,I suggest you post IOPA x-ray of your RCT done tooth with the root tip and surrounding bone visible.If the root filling has gone beyond the apex of the root,then you can experience pain.Regards,Dr Suman Makam,Dental Arts,Jayanagar,Bangalore
Dr. Purnima Komarraju
Dentist 18 yrs exp Bangalore

Before i respond i need few answers to questions like when was the rct done and wat was the chief complaint before the rct. Notwithstanding this , i feel you must go back to your dentist and voice your concerns and ask the doctor to asssess the situation, he might want to take a closer look at what could be the reason . Regards
Dr. Sarah DSouza
General Physician 7 yrs exp Mumbai
To evaluate the root canal done the root end needs to be seen clearly which is not visible in this Xray. Visit your dentist and get an intraoral xray done or IOPA. If all seems ok, wait for a few days as there can be tenderness in the tooth after treatment which subsides soon enough. If it persists, it may indicate some problem which may require further investigations and treatment.
Dr. Gaurav Gupta
Dentist 15 yrs exp Delhi
Any pain in rct means that root canal was not properly cleaned. It has bacterial which causing mild pain . It can increase with time. Go for rerct . Cap if good could be saved.
Hello, regarding pain after RCT, it needs some time to settle down, OPG reveals treatment u have undergone looks good, wait for few more days,every thing will settle down.
Dr. Surjeet Kaur
Dentist 15 yrs exp Jalandhar
From the OPG u attached it seems the rct is nicely done but the root end is not clear in this may b the filling is out of the root that can b a reason for ur pain and secondly try and check if ur lower teeth r touching the backside of ur upper ones  trauma from continuous touching can b another reason.... root canal through a cap is not a wrong procedure so dont worry and visit ur dentist regarding this.....
Dr. Sushma Patne
Dentist 13 yrs exp Mumbai
Opg is giving nicely done root canal treatment information... But did it was done?? What was chief complaint.. Y u needed to do rct for a capped teeth.. All this matters n there only lies the answer to your problem... I suggest go n visit your doctor.. Regards Dr sushma patne