Protein supplement advice
I need advice on protein supplements that I should take to increase lean muscles. I had taken muscle blaze whey protein which contains whey isolates and whey concentrates but suffered side effects like acne and my stomach size also increased

Ms. Nisha Singh
Dietitian/Nutritionist 17 yrs exp Mumbai
Hi, taking protein supplements are not a must. Plenty of food sources can provide you good quality protein e.g. seafood, lean chicken, eggs, sprouts, soy, dals and pulses, nuts and milk and milk products. But if you still want to take the help of a supplement look for ones which have natural sources and are easily digestible like pea proteins. Hope this helps.
Dr. Jaya Dewani
Dietitian/Nutritionist 16 yrs exp Pune
Protein supplements are not at all necessary for lean muscles. There are three factors for growth of lean muscle... 1. Body develops the muscle if you create the demand for muscles. The demand can be created by loading or strength exercises....more weight and less repetition. Endurance muscle exercises ....I.e.more repetitions and less weights does not help in muscle growth...it helps in fat loss. First check are doing the exercises properly. 2. The protein required for muscle building can be achieved by dals, pulses, milk, milk products, mushrooms, eggs, egg whites, fish and lean cuts of chicken. 3. Many times it happens people have muscles but the layer of fat above the muscles hides them. So avoid foods that lead to fat accumulation like rice, sugars, sweets, glucose powders, junk, bakery. Include fat burners like tomato, carrot, cucumbers, cabbage, sprouts, low glycemic fruits, egg whites.