Problem in mouth opening

I have problem in mouth opening due to gutkha in past. Is there any surgery process which can cure it. What is approximate cost of surgery . And please also tell about problem after surgey Suggest good hospital in jaipur

Dr. Sahil Gagnani
Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon 13 yrs exp Ahmedabad

As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon I would like to   tell you that to undergo the surgery for your disease you first need to quit the habit. The only sure shot treatment  for submucous fibrosis is surgery. But most of the times the doctor will tell you that there would be a scar on your face and results are not guaranteed. Based on my experience from a vast number of cases I operated  here in Ahmedabad, I can advised you to go for a surgery without scar and with 100℅ results if you are getting it done from experienced hands. Hope your doubt is solved.
quit the habit and get motivated for the surgery.
if the habit is not stopped, it might progress to cancer.
Dr. Anuj Vyas
Dental Surgeon 3 yrs exp Indore

Hi, Please visit a maxillofacial and oral surgeon who is treating these conditions on a routine basis. The injection therapy is called in for a certain grade of oral submucous fibrosis beyond which it requires surgical intervention.  And before everything else, you will have to undergo a biopsy to rule out any suspicious change underneath your oral cavity which will be taken care of by the surgeon as well. Stop the habit immediately above all. Hope it helps
quit the habit and see the oral and maxillofacial surgeon immediately.
Dr. Hemant Kumar Singh
Dental Surgeon 8 yrs exp Noida

Visit oral surgeon.If your mouth opening is really less he will suggest you surgery,otherwise  there are some medication  also which will  help you a  lot.
Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 22 yrs exp Davanagere

Hello, Due to the habit of gutka chewing,fibrous bands can form on the inner surfaces of the cheek reducing the elasticity of the tissue,leading to reduced mouth opening. You need to visit a good oral surgeon to get the severity evaluated,based on which they may advise medications supplemented with injections/surgery. Regards Dr Suman Makam
Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..you must be suffering from oral submucous fibrosis due to gutkha chewing. Stop the habit and visit Oral surgeon for surgery. Regards
Dr. Vinay Kumar Shetty
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 14 yrs exp Bangalore
Can be treated by injection twice a week for 8 weeks ..can open almost 60 to 80 percent depending on severity. Surgery not needed until the worst case
Dr. Vaibhav Nepalia
Orthodontist 7 yrs exp Jaipur
The problem is called Oral Submucous Fibrosis. Depending on the severity, it could be handled with medication, injection or surgery, with surgery being the last resort. I strongly suggest you to consult a Maxillofacial Surgeon for opinion. You may also visit the specialists at our centre.