Mouth Ulcers
I have got mouth ulcers. They are on my tongues and there is a big one near back of my left side jaw. It has been a week and it hurts a lot. It is very difficult to eat and drink. Even drinking water proves to be very painful. It is very painful and the pain doesn't let me concentrate on my studies. I am using Betadine gargle and metrogyl gel on my ulcers to get rid of them. But that also doesn't prove to be helpful. Please suggest.

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..ulcers take time to heal. Apply Pansoral gel on ulcers six to ten times daily. Take Lycostar Capsule one daily for seven days. Regards
Dr. Rashmi Punhani
Pediatric Dentist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi there ....eat fruits rich in vitamin C like oranges, lemon, amla etc.. Apply pansoral gel 3-4 times daily for a week...drink lots of water... And take vitamin B capsule once daily for a week... If possible you can apply the powder of vit.B capsule locally over the ulcer for immediate relief... Take care ...!!
Dr. Ramya. M.R
Dentist 8 yrs exp Kolar
Ulcers generally take 1-2weeks to heal completely. recurrent ulcers can be due to local mouth conditions such as rough teeth surface or rough mouth appliances or dentures. It can also b due to General nutrtional deficiency, digestion prob, work pressure n stressful lifestyle etc. Certain bacterial n viral infections also cause ulcers. Treatment: start on multivitamin tabs n iron supplements if ur hb% levels r low. Apply dologel oral ointment on ulcers thrice daily. Avoid spicy n oily food, alcohol, tea n coffee. Drink plenty of water n hv fibrous foods. Visit dentist to rule out oral factors responsible for ulcers.
Dr. Ritika Pandey
Dentist 5 yrs exp Allahabad
Hi there.U can apply kenacort gel thrice or four times daily on the effected area and also vit B complex capsule for a week once daily. If further it doesnot subsidies do visit a dentist. Thnku