Mouth ulcers

Sir/ma'am How to apply kenacort 0.1%amcinoloneone oromucosal gel.... In mouth ulcers... I mean gum ulcers.... Please tell me full procedure regarding this. We have to rub or put gel like. This. And after that we have to spit. Or not. And if we swallow. What will happen

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..you have to massage it on ulcers and spit out. Apply three to five times daily. No need to worry if you swallow a bit. Regards
Dr. Harsha
Hi there...I can understand your concern. Kenocort(triamcinolone acetonide) paste is usually applied for oral ulcers. It is applied you finish your meal. It can be applied three times daily. 15 minutes after finishing you meal, wash your mouth completely, apply little cream over the ulcer and leave it. Don't wash it off. It will get slowly absorbed. Even if you swallow little, there's nothing to worry. But I hope you are using the cream after taking physician opinion personally. If not consult a dermatologist or ent specialist for further evaluation.