Pain in the right elbow

I've been playing casual badminton for a few weeks now, (once a week). I'm experiencing pain in the elbow since last week, it was quite bad but after applying a volini spray it subsided but its still there. I think I played a shot and missed and sprained something. I have not played after that but I would like to start again so I've picked up an elbow support from a medical shop for tennis elbow (Nivia) and am planning to use that. Please advise if there is anything else I should do so I can play as this is a good form of exercise I enjoy

Doctor Answers (3) on Pain in the right elbow

Dr. Isha Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hi..yes its a good form of exercise but if you want to play regularly you need to strengthen ur elbow and also proximal and distal joints i.e..shoulder and wrist properly..u need to do warm up exercises before you start your matches..for painfree and good play...right now for your acute condition elbow support is temporary and not permanent solution.. If you go for proper Physio treatment to decrease inflammation, subside pain , guide you with proper stretching and strengthening exercises..aqua therapy is equally good..tc.
Dr. Anuradha Sharma Noida | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
U can use elbow support but avoid strain at that time apply hot and cold pack for 20 minutes for alternative . And tk muscle relaxant medicine If u feel better then OK otherwise tk physiotherapy treatment for few days for pain relief and strength exercise
Dr. Madhusudhan.H.R Mysore | Orthopedic Surgeon
Badminton is a very vigorous exercise and it requires to be physically fit and flexible to play and can't be used as casual sport Proper warmup and stretching exercises are required before you even start playing. Rest is a must but better you plan some other exercise like swimming