Overweight

My weight is 92 kgs and height is 5 ft 10 inch. I want to lose weight. Please prescribe some diet plan. I am exercising regularly. Also suggest foods to avoid.

Doctor Answers (2) on Overweight

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
U need to reduce 17 KGS that too fat not muscle..exercise play 20% and diet work 80% sow e need to work on diet.I can help with 4-5 KGS weight loss in month.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...ideal weight for your height is 75 kgs. You need lose about 15 kgs. First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too much suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do. Also consult a dietician at any hospital who will be able to give you a proper chart regarding the same