Need a diet..

Hi... I am 5"1 and my weight is 68.5kgs. I want to loose weight. What diet I should take to reduce and what exercises i should go on. I dont want gyming. I want natural process to reduce. Can u help?

Doctor Answers (1) on Need a diet..

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...it's good that you are planning to loose weight naturally. Ideal weight weight for your height is about 53kgs. First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too much suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do. Also consult a dietician at any hospital who will be able to give you a proper chart regarding the same