My mum is having acidity

Frequently my mother is having acidity. She is taking lots of water but still she is having acidity. What to do now?

Ms. Bipasha Das
Dietitian/Nutritionist 9 yrs exp Delhi

Hello, Since your mom is 72 yrs, is there any other regular medication going on or not and that is causing acidity or not is required to check from the physician. Age plays an important role in any digestive disorders. I second Ms. Durga Kumari, with the tips she provided. Along with that I would like to add on to few points, avoid fruits which causes acidity. Avoid deep fried items and if she is non vegetarian, then to reduce intake of any kind of meats. For further specific detailed instructions, connect to any dietician.
Ms. Durga Kumari
Dietitian/Nutritionist 2 yrs exp Hyderabad

Hi, Your mother should drink Luke warm ajwain water in empty stomach.after 1/2 an hour later take any food  like poha,idli,upma. Consume fruits and vegetables, milk,whole cereals,dals, Go for yoga or walking daily. Thanks