Mouth not open properly

My age is 27. I want to know what is submucous fibrosis. I am having oral cavity problem I can't open my mouth properly because of pain.i feel very harsh when I take my food. I use panmasala. I want to know what is the best treatment for this problem?. Which is the best place for treatment? How much time it will take? And what will be the cost of the treatment. I also want to know is there any laser treatment facility for this? If yes, will it create any problems on my face? Please provide ur valuable feedback.

Doctor Answers (8) on Mouth not open properly

Hi Things u need to do 1. STOP HAVING PAN MASALA 2. Undergo scaling. 3. Dentist wil prescribe u vit tablets and tablets like SM fibre twice a day.. 4. Come for regular recall visits 5. If there is no improvement we can go ahead with laser.. 6. Possibility of relapse if u continue your habit.. Wish u to heal fast Thank you
OSMF is Pre-malignant lesion of the oral cavity characterized by juxta-epithelial inflammatory reaction and progressive fibrosis of the submucosal tissues. Treatment of OSMF is mainly based on its grading. in early stages quit habit along with antioxident and aggressive physiotherapy may resolve lesion but in advanced condition aggressive treatment can be needed to improve patient quality of life.
Hi First of all kindly stop masala Complete detail of OSMF is given online. The procedure is Surgical and steroid based medicine. Costing depends on surgeon . Regards
Hello, Consult an oral surgeon.The treatment can vary depending on what stage your submucous fibrosis is in.Complete clinical evaluation is required. Regards DR Sumanmakam
Dr. Ratnika Agarwal Pune | Dental Surgeon
The treatment of patients with oral submucous fibrosis depends on the degree of clinical involvement. If the disease is detected at a very early stage, cessation of the habit is sufficient. Most patients with oral submucous fibrosis present with moderate-to-severe disease. Moderate-to-severe oral submucous fibrosis is irreversible. Medical treatment is symptomatic and predominantly aimed at improving mouth movements.
you are advised to visit nearby Dentist for consultation.Once they see what all problems are their they will provide you with all the best options available with time frame and you can take decision accordingly Regards Smile Up Dental Care & Implant Center,Pune.
Dr. Puja Bansal Pune | Dentist
hello you need to consult to an Oral surgeon.
Dr. Darshan Sheth Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
Hi...
First and foremost thing you should do I visit a dentist as early as possible. ...stop the habit...as soon as u read dis msg...of the doctors here...
So as well get consulted nd see whether u require any invasive treatment or non invasive treatment will help u....
Oral submucous fibrosis is premalignant condition which if ignored is going to be definitely malignant...so b wise...nd start ur treatment. .
Treatment. ..can be simple stopping of habits...nd few medicines...
It can also b treated with some injectable material...
So be wise nd get treated. ..
Thanks
Oral submucous fibrosis is a premalignant lesion of oral cavity.As the disease progresses the jaw becomes so stiff that the patient has problems in opening the mouth.Mostly seen in people who chew pan or arecanut.
Biopsy is mandatory to confirm the disease.
Treatment
Abstention from chewing areca nut (also known as betel nut) and tobacco
Minimizing consumption of spicy foods, including chiles
Maintaining proper oral hygiene
Supplementing the diet with foods rich in vitamins A, B complex, and C and iron
Forgoing hot fluids like tea, coffee
Forgoing alcohol
visit to the nearest Dental centre and remove all sharp tooth edges and extraction of third molars.
SURGERY
Surgical treatment is indicated in patients with severe trismus and/or biopsy results revealing dysplastic or neoplastic changes.
Laser treatment is available in certain cases but it again depends on the extent .also one might need a platic surgeon for facial reconstruction in severe case.
Without proper diagnosis and clinical examination its very difficult to give a opinion on paper.
Cost of the treatment varies from place to place and also depends on the extent of disease.
Go to the nearest Dental centre or a Dental College or Hospital.
regards
Dr Purnima Komarraju