Lower back pain
Been having lower back pain for the past week and shooting pain stretches all the way to my right hip and thigh. Walking helps for a little time but as soon as i sit the pain flares up again. Not able to sit straight for more than 5-10 minutes. Is it a bone issue or a nerve issue? Please guide. Thanks.

Pain seem mechanical in nature. May be due to sacro iliac joint ( between spine and pelvis) This pain is less likely due to nerve compression. Pain due to nerve compression mainly go below knees upto feet.
Take analgesic for a week. Gradually build up on activities as per tolerable limit.
This treatment is being suggested on bases of the information provided. However I would like to examine & investigate you  in detail. -Control  Hypertension, Diabetes or  metabolic disorder, if there is any. -Any way it may be tried, --. Dolokind Plus (Mankind) [Aceclofenac100 mg +Paracetamol 350 mg] 1 tab. OD & SOS. X 5 days. --. Caldikind plus  (Mankind) 1 tab OD x 10 days. -(You may need help of your local doctor to get these medicines.) --. Fomentation with warm water. Let the part not be exposed to cold. --. Sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding. --. Use no pillow under the head. --. Avoid painful acts & activities. -- .Do mild exercises for the affected part.-back and lower limbs. --.(Take help of physiotherapist or you can visit my YouTube channel Dr. N. C. Gupta and watch 'Me & My Yoga' and 'Yoga Simplified'. https://youtube.com/channel/ucpeqc6b1ywzwin048jsu6rw --Do not ignore, let it not become beginning of a major problem. --Do ask for a detailed treatment plan. Kindly make sure, there is no allergy to any of these medicines. --For emergency treatment visit nearest hospital. --Wish you a quick recovery & good health. --I hope, I have solved your problem to your satisfaction.  Dr N C Gupta MS (ortho)
Could be due to some nerve compression Need to consult for this. Take rest. Avoid lifting objects Take muscle relaxants for few days Cap Pregabid 75 at night 10 days
Seems to be due to nerve compression at lower back.
Do not bend forward. Use Lumbosacral brace for back support. Apply pain relief spray. Use warm water bags. Can take Tab Flexon MR 2 times a day after food for 3 days. Can start strengthening exercises of the back once pain reduces. Consult if problem continues even after following this advice.
Hello mam. The problem from your narration looks like one that comes from your back bone along with disc protrusion. The treatment will depend upon the duration of the problem and detailed understanding of your problem is needed.
kindly consult through online so that it will give more details and clear suggestions can be given.
Hi Consult directly with me through Practo for detail discussion, history , treatment plan and prescription. Here u can chat or can do audio or video call . Click on this link and get connected with me https://prac.to/dr-rahul-jaju-orthopedist-1-dir https://www.practo.com/aurangabad/doctor/dr-rahul-jaju-orthopedist-1?cache_refresh=true Or contact me on me on Nine Eight Two Three Four Zero Seven Two One Nine for Online video consultation