Losing weight

I want to lose weight, I was suggested by a gym instructor to take fat cutting pills (grenade) I want to know, is it bad for body in any way to take these supplements.
views-icons 138 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Losing weight

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi Weight gain happens either due to addition of extra calories or due to failure to spend calories consumed...these extra calories deposited in our body as fat..for weight reduction you have to consume less calories and spend more...avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your diet with green tea,green leafy vegetables, fruits...do regular exercise at least 2 hours a day...Ask yourself these questions about any diet plan you're considering: Does it include various foods from the major food groups: fruits, vegetables, grains, low-fat dairy products, lean protein sources and nuts? Does it include foods you like and that you would enjoy eating for a lifetime — not just for several weeks or months? Can you easily find these foods in your local grocery store? Will you be able to eat your favorite foods, or better yet, all foods? Does it fit your lifestyle and budget? Does it include proper amounts of nutrients and calories to help you lose weight safely and effectively?Is regular physical activity part of the plan? If the answer to any of these questions is no, keep looking. There a re better diet plans out there for you. Consult dietitian fallow the diet chart strictly...you can see the beneficial effects within a month..
Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Ya it can have side effects. Rather than grenade go with proper diet and u can easy loose belly fat which will be permanent. Write me on personal chat for detail counseling