Ketogenic diet concerns

Hi doctors .. Please let me know is ketogenic diet is good for health.I have family history of cardiovascular diesaess and diabities.. Please let me know if high fat consumption will lead to any consicounsis?

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Ketogenic diet is a diet in which you have to eat only high fat and low , very low carbohydrate diet. It's a very difficult diet to follow, but it shows good results. I however, do not recommend it. Have a proper diet with the help of a dietician and exercise regularly. This will be good for your heart and not ketogenic diet. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Farheen
Dietitian/Nutritionist 4 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hello, ketogenic diet is not good unless recommended by a dietitian. If you are afraid because of your family history, then you can rather follow a healthy diet which contains high fibre, no processed food, moderate salt. Try taking vegetable in the form of salads (raw) mostly and fruits you can take just as a fruit, fruit chat or fruit salad for a variety. Use less oils in food and avoid fried stuffs. Use refined oils and olive oil. Have food on time and maintain a healthy lifestyle.