Infection in RCT tooth

I am 24 years old. I usually smoke 1-2 cigarettes a day. I got a Root Canal Treatment on a molar tooth of mine around 10 years ago. Now, the tooth has developed infection and 2 dentists told me I need to get it removed. One said I'll have to get the artificial implant after 4 months of removal, not any sooner in any case and the other said only 15 days. Which one should I go with?

Dr. Vishal Malusare
Dentist 7 yrs exp Ranchi

If the tooth can be treated by rerct it is always better than going for implant. Regarding immediately or after few months depends on bone conditions. However as you are smoker you will always be prone to implant related post operative complications
Dr. Tanmay Gandre
Dentist 5 yrs exp Navi Mumbai
Hello dear practo user, It is quite difficult to comment without seeing an xray of the tooth.. anyways if the bone condition is bad, its better u get the tooth extracted.. and if u want to replace it with an artificial tooth, implant is the best option given your age but it can be done only after 3 months of the extraction..a ceramic bridge is a cheaper option other than implant.. whereas if the bone condition is good, and there is some infection below the tooth which can be seen in an xray, then re-root canal should help.. all the best.
Dr. Shweta motla
Dentist 11 yrs exp Noida
Depends on the bone condition . it is not possible in 15 days . whether u do it immediate after extraction or need to wait at least 6 weeks or more
Dr. Parul Panchasara
Dental Surgeon 12 yrs exp Ahmedabad
Can tooth be not treated with re root canal treatment?  Need an xray please. Reinfection happens either the cap was short and tooth decayed beneath the cap or root canl was not properly at the very first time. Get an xray done and post it. If possible see an endosontist who can save your tooth by redoing it again rather than taking out the tooth and putting implant. Saving your own tooth is always the best remedy than putting anything artificial inside.
Dr. V.S. Yadav
Dentist 11 yrs exp Gurgaon
Treatment plan Depends on x ray findings, type of implant, degree and nature of infection, timings of implant placement can be decided.