Infection after RCT

I had some root canals on my front tooth but still having pain Showed to dentist n he's saying after x-Ray's that I got infection at the end of the tooth , my tooth canals are clear no pain but dey are saying I have infection in my gums Dey suggest me if pain doesn't subside den I have to go for flap surgery What to do

Doctor Answers (11) on Infection after RCT

Dr. Puja Bansal Pune | Dentist
hello, according to the above description, you have an endo-perio problem. if you have got infection at the roots of your teeth, get it treated. but, if you have infection in the gums, get that treated too. getting the treatment done for either one of the problems isnt going to give you relief.
Hi In case infection persists even after RCT you can try for a re RCT before jumping into flap surgery If still it persists beyond that then surgery is the last resort that to episectomy of the associated tooth Regards
Dr Dhruvi Shah Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
You should go to an endodontist and get re rct done first. Flap surgery is the last resort if all other measures fail. If after the re rct the pain persists then only you should consider going for a flap surgery.
get an opinion from an endodontist and make a decision based on his suggestion.
If you get rct done for 1st time , & still there is infection at root end, you must visit a good endodontist & get re rct done for infection removal
endodontist will place medicated cements at root end for 4-7 days, then complete rct
flap surgery is option of removing infection directly from outside of tooth ( google apicoectomy )
Hello mam..
As you are saying x-ray  shows infection in root end..that means there is periapical infections which is suggestive of improper  Rct done or Rct failure. Plz visit dentist  soon before infection spreads  more n more.
Nothing to worry.If tooth is firm
, it can be  treated .All the best.
Dr. Ankit Jain Delhi | Dentist
Dear Practo User, To give a proper diagnosis and treatment plan we would be needing an X-Ray of the affected area. As per your symptoms it looks like your RCT has failed. But this is only an assumption. Kindly share your radiograph. Regards Dr Ankit Jain Arham Dental Care, Delhi
Hello, Mam,You need to visit an endodontist and take a second opinion,whether the RCT done is good and if a retreatment can solve the problem. Regards Dr Suman
Hi! A/c to your complain , it may be due to failure of root canal treatment or may be due to traumatic bite , we have to corelate with radiographicaly and clinicaly..so go for proper diagnosis.
Dr. M S Chen Ranchi | Dentist
You should visit a reliable dentist, who can help you with the front teeth. It may take 2-3 sittings if it's an infected teeth.
According to your previous dentist is is Endo-perio lesion,  were in gum infection involves root canal causing endo problem or vice-versa. In any case root canal treatment (endo) should be done first.  Then perio(if needed),  but this is very uncommon for your age,  front tooth,  & female.  We need to examine clinically and radiographic investigation is to be done.  Batter to take a second opinion.
Hello I understand your concern. Pain after a root canal can be due to several reasons. The most common is due to failure of the root canal seal or poor debridement leading to re-infection in the bone adjacent to the tooth. Also trauma or fracture can be a cause of failure ( needs confirmation via Rafipgraph) A reattempt at the root canal procedure by thorough cleaning and asepsis may provide relief to the Pain and reduce infection. You are advised to seek a second opinion for better comprehension of your condition. FYI- surgical methods are undertaken when all other conservative attempts to save the tooth fails. In other words, it's the last resort