Gap between teeth

I could see gaps between my teeth. Wen I went t the dentist to make sure whether I have to wear braces. He told me to do scaling(clean) ,would tat be helpful.?..the gap is like at initial stage ,it can be seen if observed closely . I did nt do scaling even once before.

Doctor Answers (3) on Gap between teeth

Hi, deposition of plaque and calculus leads to gum inflammation which cause gums to swell up, bleed and bone loss causing gaps between teeth. To remove calculus we need to do scaling, as this is initial stage, your gums might gain health and fill the gap. Your dentist knows better as he must have examined properly and adviced to go for scaling. So go for it and start warm saline rinses twice a day. Take care.
The gaps might have formed as a result of ur gum falling down. In that case braces treatment wouldn't close those gaps. Scaling is done to eliminate inflammation in the gums and achieve healthy gums. This will prevent further gaps. But existing gaps should be well maintained to avoid repetition of the same problem in the future.
Hi.. well scaling is generally helpful, but has limited to no use in closing gaps in my humble opinion. Braces is the line of treatment, but before putting braces u need to get teeth cleaned anyhow.. so get braces done.. all the best