I am trying to lose weight and have lost 4 kgs in past 2 months. I workout at gym for an hour in the morning. However some times I feel very weak after the work out resulting in headaches in the later part of the day. This is mostly on days when I have a glass of milk or a bowl of curd for dinner. What are the dinner options I should consider as a vegeterian
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
Hello,, it's not just the dinner, that is important. What you eat whole day, will affect on your health and activity, here is some advice on diet. Certain guidelines that need to be considered for weight loss are:
1. Have 4 to 6 small meals and snacks everyday rather than 3 large meals. This will help you in controlling your hunger and the nutrients are also utilized effectively.
2. Plan your diet chart in advance. Hasty and incomplete planning can make you confused and can increase the temptation towards fatty and junk foods.
3. Chew your food properly as this can help you in reducing weight.
4. Plan your food items effectively. Include whole grain cereals, pulses, legumes, vegetables, fruits and water in your everyday diet.
5. Avoid fatty foods or high caloric foods. Avoid sugary foods, pastries and sweets.
6. Include large amounts of fruits and vegetables. Try to eat a total of 5 fruits and vegetables per day.
The diet chart is just a plan. How well you execute this plan and achieve maximum benefits is important.
A sample diet chart that can be beneficial in losing weight is:
1. Early morning - a cup of skimmed milk without sugar
2. Breakfast - whole bread with low fat spread, cereal mixture, a glass of fruit juice
3. Mid morning - one raw vegetable like carrot or cucumber.
4. Lunch - A bowl of clear soups without cream added. Wheat pancakes with mixed vegetables that are boiled or baked, low fat yogurt, a small bowl of brown rice with pulse preparation. One fruit.
5. Early evening - Sprouted salad
6. Late evening - Protein powder mixed in a cup of skimmed milk and crackers.
7. Dinner - Wheat pancakes with lean meat preparation or legume preparation, a bowl of green salad, low fat yogurt.
You can substitute the foods given in the diet chart with healthier options.
These things jeeps you active even after workout and throughout the day, and also drink plenty of water.
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.