Child teeth
My sister few milk teeth are broken but she is not getting her permanent teeth. It's a high time now. She has been 5 years old. What should I do now?

Dr. Kuldip Shah
Pediatric Dentist 7 yrs exp Ahmedabad

Front teeth start erupting around 6 years but complete set of permanent teeth is established by the age of 12-13 years...she is still 5 so we have to save the primary teeth untill the permanent teeth occupy that particular space ..... So milk teeth are going to stay in ur sister's oral cavity for more than 6 years..Get x-ray done for decayed or broken back teeth...and don't worry ..everything will b all right ...
Dr. Avinash Sahu
Dentist 6 yrs exp Bilaspur

Hi, permanent tooth starts erupting at the age of 6, so its not a matter to worry but to know wht is the actual position permanent tooth you should visit a dentist and get an X-ray done.
Dr. Durga Kshitish Kothuru
Periodontist 15 yrs exp Vijayawada

Get an X ray done to know the status of present teeth as well as the ones which are to be erupted. That ll answer all ur questions. Permanent teeth will start erupting from 6 yrs onwards
Dr. Bharath R
Dentist 4 yrs exp Chennai
Don't worry she s just 5 year old now so don't panic about permanent teeth eruption but as u said teeth or broken it might be bcoz of early childhood caries pls visit a near by dentist. My personnel opinion s when ever child is taking caries inducing food like milk chocolate pls ask them to gargle it out or ask them to drink water
Dr. Abhishek Jain
Dentist 8 yrs exp Lucknow
Hi, at the age of five, permanent teeth doesn't start erupting, so u need not worry . but still u should show her to a dentist, to rule out any aberrations in her teeth arrangement later.
Dr. Mohammad Imran Khan
Dentist 9 yrs exp Lucknow
Hi no need to worry generaly permanent dentition starts at an average age of six..best of luck feel free to ask ne further queries
Milk teeth can break because of cavity, pulp involvement, fractures, etc. Please add a photo of the teeth, so I can estimate which cause it is. It is not delayed eruption actually. Normal eruption pattern of permanent teeth starts at 6 years. She's still 5 years old, don't worry. But if her teeth are broken please take her to a dentist.