Cervical pain

I use to have pain earlier on my right or left arm and had to take painkillers for relaxation. took ECG - everything came clean. Suddenly last week I had pain all through my neck to shoulder to arm to my fingers. It became unbearable at one point and had to take painkillers and some oil massage to relax. Checked with a doctor they said it can be Cervical Pain & gave me mobizox for emergency situations and asked to do some neck exercises. The pain comes and goes from one side to other and sometime to my legs too.

Doctor Answers (3) on Cervical pain

Dr. Deepesh Nainani Jaipur | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
Hi there. .
this pain could be cervical pain. it
happens due to reduced space in cervical vertebra or any structural changes in cervical spine.
the confirmation you can get by doing x- Ray or mri with opinion of a consultant.
the main keys to remember are »
1) don't ever touch the area of pain exactly , because it can increase in swelling and tenderness.
2) do hot water fermentation to the pain area . heating can be done with heating pad or hot water bag .
3) don't massage with pressure or force it can injured muscles
gentle massage should be done carefully.
quit massaging if pain increases.
4) apply any pai
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Neck Exercises. Neck Stretching. Postural Correction. Shoulder Shrugs. Take frequent Breaks at work. Core Strengthening Exercises. Use cervical pillow. Use Back Support. Self Massage the back of neck.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.... The best thing to do is give your body time to heal on its own. To get through the day without letting the pain interfere with your normal activities, you have a few options. Gently stretch your neck....Take over-the-counter pain medication....Alternate between heat and ice treatments on your neck: 20 minutes of heat followed by 20 minutes of ice should help the pain and the healing process...... I hope this helps....