CBT and its benefits..

Hello doctor, I need some information regarding cognitive behavioral therapy. I have googled it and found some informations about CBT. So It makes little sense if I ask about it in detail. I just need a very few unknown informations regarding this. My questions: Will it help in improving my personality? Will it be helpful in acquiring a strong personality? Will it cure my introvert character? Will it be helpful in curing my social phobia?...Doctor, I'm an introvert. I'm experiencing social phobia, Low self esteem and all other personality disorders. Even I feel very embarrassed to walk or stand in front of others. Just by looking at my body language, they could understand me. eg. Standing with hands folded and legs crossed, walking unstable, etc... Could all these problems get fixed by CBT? Help me. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (2) on CBT and its benefits..

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, I appreciate your effort in search if CBT. Though it throws some light about CBT in Google that is only a basic understanding about it. As you require to come out of low confidence and become a friendly and aproachable person you need to find the root cause of this particular behaviour and handled properly to feel good about yourself. Do approach a professional and get it resolved. Look for someone in your city.
Dr. Diwakar Sharma Delhi | Addiction Psychiatrist
Hi, u have been working in the right direction as far as ur current research on CBT is concerned. Its based on the simple premise of using logic & reasoning and practical measures to implement the same. I believe the answer to all ur questions is "YES".... CBT can bring a change in how u feel about ur self... Like its obvious ur attention revolves a lot around ppl's perception of u rather the other way. Usually changes at the core.. Such as those related to personality require persistent efforts and perseverance. Problems related to social phobia r relatively easier to take care of. So feel free to go ahead and liberate urself from the cage ur not comfortable in. Hope this helps u... But feel free to ask further. Thank u and take care.