Can't open mouth wide

There is no tooth ache, but can't open mouth wide as it hurt at my right side behind ear and below jaw, tonsil gland also seem to pain when touched..should I see a dentist or general physician?

Doctor Answers (12) on Can't open mouth wide

Hi, Visit a Physian to rule out any general problem and once that ruled out, visit a Orthodontist for a TMJ examination. They will prescribe you with a CBCT or a MRI scan. They they will fabricate a splint if tmj is the problem..
Hi, Please see a dentist first to rule out wisdom tooth or TMJ (joint ) problem & if dental problem is ruled out then consult your physician to rule out tonsil problem.
Hi..you need a dentist. You might be having wisdom tooth region gum issues. You can book an appointment with me online.

Regards

Greetings. !   As per your description of your problems  i can say that you need to get yourself examined in detail. You seem to have  a Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) issue. I advise you to consult a  Specialist  ( Maxillofacial Surgeon or Oral Medicine) who come across such problems much frequently and would further guide you as per your clinical findings after  checkup. You also have infection that needs a check at the earliest so as to avoid deterioration of the same. We would be very happy to help you.  Regards, from Health  Cottage Hospital. GOOD LUCK.
Detailed  Checkup from Specialist.
Advised Soft Diet.
Dr. Puja Bansal Pune | Dentist
hello, you need to consult an ENT specialist first and then consult a dentist.
Hello, you need to see A DENTIST ASAP and get the area examined for any impacted wisdom teeth and the TMJ examined.Regards,Dr Sumanmakam,Dental arts,jayanagar,Bangalore.
This situation can be there if there is wisdom tooth that has not erupted, or because of any TMJ problem caused by any kind of trauma.
Visit a dentist and get these causes ruled out first. then you can consult an ENT specialist.
Hi In my opinion it's better to see the physician first followed with a dentist . If it's you tonsils then the dentist can see rest of the things accordingly Regards
This might have happened due to lymph node enlargement. Better to consult a dentist so that the cause can be ruled out and appropriate medicine will be advised so that the swelling will be reduced as soon as possible and you will be able to open your mouth with out any difficulty.
Luke warm water with salt gargle might help you a bit.
Hi. My humble opinion would be to see a dentist to rule out any dental issues.
Hi, i would suggest you to see a dentist first. Sometimes, impacted wisdom teeth or TMJ problems can manifest in such symptoms. if the dentist negate these concerns then you can see an ENT surgeon
Limited mouth opening in your case could be  correlated to wisdom tooth eruption especially since you mention painful lymph node, it is indicative of some infection. Please meet a dentist to rule out dental cause before meeting a physician