Anxiety disorder
Dear sir i am a anxiety disorder patient my concerns is why many of the authentic sites says anxiety disorder are not completely curable when my psychiatrist says its definitely curable.! Even American psychological association says anxiety may go away not your disorder kindly conclude for the above query.

Ms. Raisa Luther
Counselling Psychologist 5 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hi, anxiety disorders are definitely treatable. It is important to understand the difference. Treatable- long term maintenance required. You may or may not have a reoccurrence of the episode. However it is very manageable. Curable- It does not reoccur.
Combination of counselling and medication is essential. When necessary skills to prevent and deal with anxiety are learnt, medication may be tapered and stopped upon advice of your psychiatrist.
Keep in regular touch with psychiatrist.
Dr. Bevin S
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Chennai
Well my first advice to you is don't panic. Anxiety disorder has many types in it. But usually many are very much treatable and curable. There are many drugs and other wonderful treatments and relaxation techniques available for treatment. Don't surf the Internet which can be misleading.
believe in your psychiatrist.
try some relaxation exercises and breathing exercises if possible. Be relaxed stay healthy.
Dr. Sheba Singh (PhD)
Psychologist 13 yrs exp Mumbai
A proper assessment of the disorder is required at the first place. Anxiety disorders can be cured with 10-12 sittings with a Clinical Psychologist and medicine, if need be, according to the severity of the disorder.
Dr. Satyakam Mohapatra
Psychiatrist 5 yrs exp Lucknow
Anxiety disorders are completely curable. Even with short term treatment. At times long term treatment is required. But you have to take proper medication as advised by a good psychiatrist.